Next-Gen Board: Why can't members set the "Group By" setting?

Sam Storer September 28, 2018

For some reason, only the admin can set the "Group by" option on the board. This is really annoying for my testing team as they want to see it grouped by epic, but me and my development team want to see it sorted by asignee. Is there any way to make this a personal preference that individual users can set, and not have it as a global setting?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dale Hurwitz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to let you know that the Group By setting is now available to all members of a project. 

Anyone that is able to access a Next-gen board can customise this setting, and it will only affect their own view of the board.

We appreciate your patience while we've been working on this!

Thanks,

Dale Hurwitz

Developer, Jira Software

2 votes
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

@Sam Storer making the Group By a user setting rather than board setting isn't something we'll be doing right away as we're currently working on sub-tasks. However its good to get this feedback as it helps us understand when we should come back to this as it's something we keen to do.

Cheers

Eoin

Product Manager, Jira Software

Monique Matthews January 14, 2019

Hi, I am a site admin and I cannot seem to find away to change the Group By setting.  I do not see Board Settings like I do for Software and Core projects.   Thanks, 

Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 10, 2019

Same here.

In fact this is the only show stopper for me right now. I need to be able either to group based on dropdown fields or to use regular swimlanes from Agile boards. Currently none of these options is available, and it's just frustrating  

Like # people like this
2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 1, 2018

Hi Sam,

On Nex-Gen Boards only admins have permissions to change schemes and other settings.
You can find more information about Next-Gen on the documentation below:
- Get started with next-gen boards
- Everything you want to know about next-gen projects in Jira Cloud
Currently, there are no feature requests suggesting the implementation of this ability.

I'm sorry that we can't be more helpful on it.

Please, let us know if there is something else we can help.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Liberty Stacey September 18, 2019

Hi - I would really love to group by specific ticket attributes. For example, my ticket types have a field called Workstream - more bespoke groping would really help my dev teams manage their work independently 

Kieran Sedgwick April 27, 2020

@Angélica Luz +1 to this idea. 

1 vote
Karan Talati August 20, 2019

Given this is a view of the information and our team has different use cases at different times, this should be a user-level setting and not a board-level setting. Where can I upvote allowing members to manage their view of the board? Thank you!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2019

Hi Karan,

Thank you for your question.
The feature was created in July, you can find the details on the link below:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18018
Feel free to also add a comment on the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer