It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL Filter for sprint not working for next gen subtasks

What I want to do:

Have scrum board in next gen project to show the stories of the current sprint in correct priority order with "group by subtasks" option activated.

First insight:

There is a bug saying this is currently not working: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17950
As a workaround it is suggested to create a Classic board and edit its filter to return the next-gen issues.

Workaround - still not working: 

I created a classic board and set the filter to “project = my_project AND Sprint = current_sprint”. Stories and bugs are correctly shown, but the subtasks do not show up. If I filter for “project = my_project", stories, bugs and subtasks are shown. The current_sprint is correctly set in the subtasks.

Question

JQL query “project = my_project" correctly filters stories, bugs and subtasks

JQL query “project = my_project AND sprint = current_sprint" (my_project being a next gen project) correctly filters stories and bugs but does NOT show any subtasks altough subtasks are correctly assigned to the sprint. 

Why is that and what can I do to fix it?
See "What I want to do" section for what I really trying to achieve, so if there is other ways to get there I am also happy.

Thanks,

Anja

4 answers

I'm having a similar problem. The moment I use 'Sprint' in my JQL query no subtasks show up anymore, even though they have a sprint assigned.

Paul_Coe I'm New Here Apr 16, 2020

Im having the same issue.  Is there a suggested workaround or any indication when it will be resolved?

Agreed. Turning on the Sprint filter immediately causes all subtasks to not appear if querying a NextGen project.

Like Nathanael Kevin likes this

Having the same issue. Any workaround?

Yes facing same issue. It will be really helpful if there is any way to have sprint and subtask filter combination work in ISSUES section. 

Even am facing issue for the next gen project.

If the project is classic and if we filter by Sprint, we do get Sub Tasks in it. But not with next gen project.

One way to use the filter for tracking is to export as csv or excel and then use it further for filtering manually.

Confirmed, same issue here too. 

@ivanteong  - is there an ETA on the above?

I am becoming extremely disillusioned with the next gen projects. The product is not ready for production release. There are so many simple basic bugs that just don't work.

I'm facing a lot of backlash with project managers in regards to this exact problem after having setup using Next Gen...

Please can we get an update and fix for this issue, as it's very problematic!

C'mon guys, I migrated the entire org to nextgen and keep discovering really simple stuff that seems to have been missed out! Can atlassian let us know if the filter for sub tasks via sprint value is going to be added to the nextgen issue filter or not?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

341 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you