Is there a way to edit tempo accounts in next-gen issues ?

Ian Bussières January 18, 2020

Up until recently, it was a quite painful experience to edit Tempo accounts in next-gen project issues, because the field was not available on the edit issue screen. 

A suboptimal (yet functional) workaround was to use the bulk edit interface and edit the issues in bulk even if only one of them needed to be edited. This was annoying, but it worked.

It would however appear the tempo accounts field has now been removed from bulk editing as well, making accounts entirely unusable for next-gen projects, or in other words, making Tempo entirely unusable for next-gen projects.

I've tried changing the features and "apps" settings for the next-gen project, to no avail. Other than setting a default Tempo account for new issues, I have found no way to change the value for existing issues.

Is there another known workaround ?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2020

Hi @Ian Bussières

I know Tempo has been answering queries on this on other threads (one which you posted on) - but it'd be best to contact them directly via their support page for advice as an external app vendor.

Click here for their support options on the Atlassian Marketplace.

I also saw this comment on JSWCLOUD-18544 from December 2019 which was in response to a question about Tempo Account field, that confirms a team has started working on this.

Ste

Ian Bussières January 19, 2020

Thanks, I submitted a ticket and will report back here for the community's benefit.

Like # people like this
Ian Bussières January 29, 2020

Tempo has redirected me to JIRA/Atlassian. I am currently exchanging with JIRA's customer support. 

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

@Ian Bussières did you ever get an answer to this from either Tempo or Atlassian? We're running into the same issue. I have a project automation rule set up to set the the correct account on newly-created issues, but no way to populate existing tickets.

Suggest an answer