Is there a way to connect changes made in WBS Gantt-Chart to the issues?

Oscar Fonseca December 13, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way to connect changes made in WBS Gantt-Chart to the issues? Jira tasks of any type can be edited within the WBS Gantt-Chart view but they are not connected to the actual Jira issue. If you edited the name and then you open the Jira issue, the name and other information like that the start date, end date, due date, etc is not updated. Which means that the Road Map and the Gantt do not contain the same information. 

The edit function should be connected in both apps. 

2 answers

0 votes
Ricksoft December 16, 2019

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for using WBS Gantt-Chart for Jira!

Did you click the save button?
You can edit multiple issues within the WBS Gantt-Chart view, and you have to click the save button to reflect the change.
If there are any changes, the save button is enabled.
01.png
After you click the save button and reflect the changes, the button becomes to be disabled.
02.png

Please confirm it to click the save button.

Best Regards,
Maya

Oscar Fonseca December 16, 2019

Hi Maya,

Yes I tried using the Save button, but it says "error" while saving. But later, I tried with a simplier Gantt and it worked. I don't really know why I had errors before... but thank you for your input, it helped! 

Best,

Oscar 

Maya.U December 17, 2019

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for trying to use the save button.
I was relieved to hear that it worked.

Please contact Ricksoft Support when you face the error next time.

Best Regards,
Maya

Oscar Fonseca December 18, 2019

Hi Maya, 

The save button helps to save the WBS start and end dates but it does not save on the jira issue information that appears on my board. That means that I could actually have 2 different deadlines. I want all to be connected to be able to do scrum everyday using my scrum board and Kanban boards and track my project progress and replanning with the WBS Gantt chart. Thank you in advance. 

Capture2.PNG

Here is the error again, can you help to figure out what is the issue?

Capture.PNG

Maya.U December 19, 2019

Hi Oscar,

I understand that you are using WBS Gantt-Chart on cloud version.

"START DATE" and "DUE DATE" in the issue view are Jira system field.
"Start" and "Finish" in the Gantt view are WBS Gantt-Chart field.
They are different fields.

you can add columns of "START DATE" and "DUE DATE" on WBS, but you can't relate it to start and finish date in Gantt-Chart bar on cloud version.

Here is the error again, can you help to figure out what is the issue?

Could you confirm customfield_10014?
You can access customfield_10014 with link below.
https://<your site address>/secure/admin/ConfigureCustomField!default.jspa?customFieldId=10014
Please send the screenshot of it.
Also, please confirm that customfield_10014 is placed on issue edit or view screen.

Best Regards,
Maya

Oscar Fonseca January 28, 2020

Hi Maya,

It says: Filter does not exist.

Capture.PNG

Desi Armstrong October 13, 2020

How do you synchronize the data? This is frustrating. 

Maya.U October 13, 2020

Hi @Desi Armstrong 

At the moment, WBS Gantt-Chart for Jira Cloud stores all of its information internally at the plugin, so it is not possible to duplicate fields from Jira into fields from WBS Gantt-Chart. Currently, sync between these fields is not possible.

I would like to ask you to please watch and vote this request for the feature.

Best Regards,
Maya

0 votes
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Oscar, hello!
WBS Gantt-Chart has a completely independent structure, this applies to all data in the task. Therefore, it turns out that in the plugin editing you get one information, and in the tasks, the Jira is different.

If you need the data to be synchronized, you need to use another plugin, or write to the WBS support Gantt-Chart and they will try to offer a solution

Oscar Fonseca December 15, 2019

Thank you for your reply. Ill contact the WBS support team. 

Ricksoft December 16, 2019

No, You don't need to use another plugin.
You can synchronize the data.

Like Alexander2010 likes this

Suggest an answer