How do I hide closed issues when grouping by subtask

Jonas Stenberg October 28, 2019

We use the Board view during daily standups and the best view for that is "Group by" subtask.

It is possible to expand and minimize issues wich is great but the problem is that it is not possible to see on a minimized issue that the issue is closed. I would like that the issue is either displayed with a strike-through as it is or simply hidden from this view with a filter or something. Is this possible to achieve?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2019

Hello Jonas,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you would like to have a clear way to identify if the parent issue is closed in the active board view when using the "Group by sub-tasks" function in a next-gen board. Is it correct?

Indeed, there's not a clear way to see that an issue is closed when using the "group by" in the active board view. In fact, the Next-gen template was designed for those users who felt overwhelmed by the complexity of JIRA Classic template and requested a simpler and straight to the point project with fewer options of customization.

That being said, we agree with you that we have a big room for improvement here, that's why we have some feature requests opened to improve this behavior, like display the status in the parent issue of the swimlane or customizing the board filter to remove the done issues, which are currently in progress to be implemented.

Please, feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

0 votes
Jonas Stenberg October 29, 2019

Thank you, that is exactly what I want. I have placed my votes.

I think that you probably have to face that fact that the next-gen template will eventually have the same complexity as the classic template since we users have different and complex needs. The challange is just to hide the complexity when it is not needed and you are doing a good job so far.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hello Jonas,

Thank you for your feedback.

You just nailed it. As we are improving the Next-gen template based on the feedback from our customers, it gets more complex, giving us the mission to hide that features from users that don't want to use it.

Again, thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day! 

Suggest an answer