• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I create a parent/epic in next gen stories Edited

I create a new next gen project, I am admin, I have issue type Epic, Story, Task, Bug and Sub-task. From the backlog in the project screen I add a new issue of 'Story' type. When I click on 'Add Epic' I only have a list returning recent epics or parents. If I click on 'View all epics' I then only have a dropdown list offering me pre-exsiting epics or parents. 

I can not find the way to add a new one to this list.

1 answer

0 votes
edwin vasquez Community Leader Feb 06, 2020

Hello @Sarah Hartigan and welcome to the community!

From your backlog view, click Epics and this will allow you to create new epics. The Epics you add there will become options for Epic field.

epic.pngepic2.png

Does this answer your question? Let me know either way. :-)

Sorry Edwin but no - those are guidelines for the classic project layout. My question is relating specifically to the next gen projects. 

Like edwin vasquez likes this

I actually think I have it now and it is shocking that it took my this long to figure it out. On the tool or menu bar to the left hand side there is the '+' button. Here I can directly create a new epic or any other issue type!

Like edwin vasquez likes this

You can also add Epics by going into the Roadmap section. Im glad we were able to get this figured out.

epic3.png

Great to know - thank you for that!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Feature Announcement: Jira Software Next-gen Workflows Transitions: In Progress -> Done

Hello Jira Software next-gen fans, My name is Bryan Lim and I'm a Product Manager working on next-gen. Today, I'm pleased to announce the launch of Workflow Transitions in next-gen. Workflo...

205 views 4 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you