How do I create a parent/epic in next gen stories

Sarah Hartigan February 6, 2020

I create a new next gen project, I am admin, I have issue type Epic, Story, Task, Bug and Sub-task. From the backlog in the project screen I add a new issue of 'Story' type. When I click on 'Add Epic' I only have a list returning recent epics or parents. If I click on 'View all epics' I then only have a dropdown list offering me pre-exsiting epics or parents. 

I can not find the way to add a new one to this list.

1 answer

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hello @Sarah Hartigan and welcome to the community!

From your backlog view, click Epics and this will allow you to create new epics. The Epics you add there will become options for Epic field.

epic.pngepic2.png

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Does this answer your question? Let me know either way. :-)

Sorry Edwin but no - those are guidelines for the classic project layout. My question is relating specifically to the next gen projects. 

Like edwin vasquez likes this

I actually think I have it now and it is shocking that it took my this long to figure it out. On the tool or menu bar to the left hand side there is the '+' button. Here I can directly create a new epic or any other issue type!

Like edwin vasquez likes this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2020

You can also add Epics by going into the Roadmap section. Im glad we were able to get this figured out.

epic3.png

Great to know - thank you for that!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events