It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I assign an existing issue as a child issue in Next Gen?

For some reason, when I go to assign child issues inside an issue and choose "Existing Issue", it does not recognize any of my existing issues. I want to be able to move existing issues to chid issues if need be. Is this possible and what might be happening? 

Here is a link to the screenshot https://share.getcloudapp.com/5zu5BRYv

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Matt,

To add existing issues as a child of another, the issue must be a sub-task since it have some particularities not present in other issues. A Standard issue can not be added as a child of another standard issue.

Now, if you want to convert a standard issue as a sub-task of another standard issue, you can follow the steps below:

- Navigate to the issue you want to change as a sub-task > Click on Move:

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 18.50.13.png

- Click to move the issue to the same project but as a sub-task, selecting the parent issue you want

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 18.50.29.png

Let me know if this information helps.

Namaste @Petter Gonçalves,

The above explanation helped!

Thanks | Regards,

Dipen

0 votes

Not sure I understand the reason for having to make the child item a "sub-task". Why can't we chose?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

482 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you