Board not grouping by Epic, but then it does?

Sharon Janett November 26, 2018

This has only started happening today!  Got a Next-Gen project with Epics and tasks. 

1. Go into the Board and only showing tasks, and when select Group By there is not an option for Epic

2. Open a page I added to the menu, which opens a new window and takes me there, or just click on another open window

3. Go back to Board and within a couple of seconds it refreshes and has grouped by Epics and Epic is now showing in Group By dropdown

This is happening every time I open the the Board, so even when it has refreshed and grouped by, if I go to Roadmap then come back to Board the epics have disappeared again.

Is this a bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2018

Hi Sharon,

I wasn't able to reproduce the same error here using a brand new next-gen project. I followed the same steps as you, but when I go to the board, it loads correctly the tasks grouped by epics.

Are you the only user facing this issue?
Have you tested using another browser or incognito?
Can you please give us more details about the page that you added to the menu?

Regards,
Angélica

Sharon Janett November 28, 2018

Hi Angelica,

So its now working!  I'm using Chrome, and what is happening now is I go to Roadmap and then Board, the board takes a few seconds to refresh.  Before the refresh there are no epics, just the tasks, and after the 2 second delay the epics display. 

So maybe it was just a refresh delay earlier in the week that was taking a long time and by the time I moved to another window and back it was done.

A bit strange but its now "fixed".

Thanks
Sharon

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2018

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the details.
On my test instance, the delay also happened, but it didn't take to long to load.

We are glad that everything is working now.
If you have any other question, please count on us!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer