• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Board not grouping by Epic, but then it does? Edited

This has only started happening today!  Got a Next-Gen project with Epics and tasks. 

1. Go into the Board and only showing tasks, and when select Group By there is not an option for Epic

2. Open a page I added to the menu, which opens a new window and takes me there, or just click on another open window

3. Go back to Board and within a couple of seconds it refreshes and has grouped by Epics and Epic is now showing in Group By dropdown

This is happening every time I open the the Board, so even when it has refreshed and grouped by, if I go to Roadmap then come back to Board the epics have disappeared again.

Is this a bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Sharon,

I wasn't able to reproduce the same error here using a brand new next-gen project. I followed the same steps as you, but when I go to the board, it loads correctly the tasks grouped by epics.

Are you the only user facing this issue?
Have you tested using another browser or incognito?
Can you please give us more details about the page that you added to the menu?

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

So its now working!  I'm using Chrome, and what is happening now is I go to Roadmap and then Board, the board takes a few seconds to refresh.  Before the refresh there are no epics, just the tasks, and after the 2 second delay the epics display. 

So maybe it was just a refresh delay earlier in the week that was taking a long time and by the time I moved to another window and back it was done.

A bit strange but its now "fixed".

Thanks
Sharon

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the details.
On my test instance, the delay also happened, but it didn't take to long to load.

We are glad that everything is working now.
If you have any other question, please count on us!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

5,238 views 5 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you