Are project/client based issue templates a thing?

Ben Nowak February 29, 2020

I'd like a way to create, manage, and enforce custom pre-population of issue fields to achieve 3 particular goals.

1.) Increase the speed at which backlogs can be backfilled for specific projects. (no need to manually set fields for each field in a ticket.)

2.) Decrease the occurrence of missing information, or incomplete ticket information.

3.) Have granular control over distinct "sets" (or types) of tickets to be entered. To clarify, I'd like to be able to have my product designer have access to one "type" of feature ticket that is filled out according to a template specific to their needs/function, and another "type" of feature ticket that is filled according to another template specific to the needs of a developer, or a QA, or a stakeholder, etc.

I'm not sure what would provide this functionality specifically, or if there's a workaround to implement it, but any insights, suggestions, or use-cases would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2020

Hello Ben,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When creating a ticket, currently the only way to let fields filled is by adding default values. Templates were never an option natively in Jira, so there is a feature request opened since 2005 suggesting the implementation of this ability:

For now, the workaround would be using an add-on. I found two that may help you:

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer