It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen Customer Council

Hey Next-gen fans,

Would you like the opportunity to give direct feedback to the Next-gen product team? Would you like the chance to preview and test new Next-gen features?

I’m excited to announce an exciting opportunity for Next-gen users: introducing the Next-gen Customer Council!

Sign up via  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSejQsBhJmmlDXiVH0pZ733eAqHBZzAYqlfG2gDieqvfHMLxQQ/viewform?usp=sf_link or email me directly at bryan.lim@atlassian.com

I will reach out via email with more details.

Thanks,
Bryan Lim
Product Manager, Jira Software Next-gen

13 comments

Jimmy_Seddon Community Leader Jan 28, 2020

This is fantastic @blim!  I really appreciate this opportunity.

Like # people like this
FUN_MAN_ANDY Community Leader Jan 29, 2020

Great opportunity indeed! Hell yes I'd like some of that action. Sign me up please!

Like blim likes this

Trying to sign up now

Like blim likes this
blim Atlassian Team Jan 30, 2020

Thanks everyone for signing up! Does anyone have Next-gen friends in NYC?

One of our PMs is looking to make a visit to New York in March and would like to chat w/ Next-gen users :). Help spread the word!

What about in SF? @bli

Like blim likes this
blim Atlassian Team Jan 31, 2020

@aaron.deyonker yes! Will let you know!

Count me in @blim :-)

Honestly would LOVE a feature where I can assign a story/issue to multiple users. I need to do this on a daily basis for pair coding, dev-to-dev testing, or even research and analysis where my lead devs and BAs need to work closely together. These tickets are not just important for our organization to make our activities more agile; they are also critical parts of our overall documentation strategy. I appreciate your time. Thank you! I've sent my response to join and hope to be a part of this great initiative.

ivanteong Atlassian Team Feb 06, 2020

@Betrearon Tezera We made a decision to have just a single assignee because we believe that there should always be a DRI (Direct Responsible Individual). This philosophy is also something used by Apple, which believes that there should always be someone who drives a project or initiative to make sure it will be successful. Otherwise, the responsibilities of who owns this work gets blurred.

To navigate around situations where you are collaborating such as pair coding and dev-to-dev testing, I suggest that you assign that issue to the DRI, and have anyone else supporting it within subtasks under that parent issue. This will allow you to be more clear about who is playing a primary and supporting role.

Like w_bethell likes this

@ivanteong thank you for your response. While I believe that the functionality should be available to users of JIRA, to be used at our discretion in the event that there is a task that needs multiple DRIs, I accept your explanation. :) 

Sure, sign me up please. Thanks

JIRA is like a mobile phone with good functionalities. When comes to customization, its good for Marketplace companies like the app store. What is JIRA plan By doing all the Stuff when JIRA doesn't have any customization capability at the core level? 

Comment

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you