It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Run test cases from JIRA that execute a query on a database

Hello,

Pls tell me if there exists the posibility to implement following task in Jira: launch a test case that connect to a database, run a query on it and capture a boolean result (ex: 0 ro <> 0). Depending on that results I need to set status of test case in PASSED or FAILED.

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes

You can write code that can do that.  I would look for one of the scripting or automation apps to add that.

Thanks Nic for sugestion,

My intention is to create a repository of test cases for testing a DW database. I have Zephyr addon for Jira where I can create test cases, but only manual ones. So, the script or automation apps (I don't know yet which) should run a test case that have as parameters: verifications script, several running parameters like p_effective_date, data_base, user/pass, then connect to that database, run the query script and interpret the results: 0 = PASSED, <>0 = FAILED. Unfortunately i don't have coding skils for Java (only PL/SQL) and therefore I'm looking for other tools that can connect to Zephyr addon or Jira to do that.

Thank you,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

We're revolutionizing Jira for non-technical teams — join the exclusive admin group

Hello IT and Jira Admins! I’m on a brand-new team that’s working on an exciting initiative to help every team in your organization manage their work more effectively on Jira. Right now we’re focu...

204 views 3 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you