JQL filter

bhavin.gajjar January 7, 2020

Dear, 

I'm looking for a solution, where a JIRA incident was raised and it was assigned to say ABC. ABC worked on it, put comment in the JIRA, and reassigned this to another person say XYZ.

Or

JIRA incident was raised and assigned to say XYZ, but in that incident ABC had worked and put comment there. 

In the above 2 cases ABC had worked on it but his name is not mention in Assignee so how to find out whether ABC had worked on the incident or not using the filter since he had worked is confirmed as he put comment there. but how to  find out such incidents where ABC had worked? We are not maintaining the Work Log in JIRA. So what should be the query to find out ABC had worked on how many such incidents?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi @bhavin.gajjar  - the "was" designator shows any issues where the person was EVER assigned on the issue. So saying something like, Project = 123 and assignee was ABC should show you that. But you will need to use the username of the person - more like first.last. Even if the person's name or username does not come up as your are typing, finish out the string with the exact username of the person. 

That should get you what you want!

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Hi @bhavin.gajjar How are you doing?

In JQL you can filter by past values.

In this case you would use asignee was ABC.

Hope this helps!

bhavin.gajjar January 7, 2020

The assignee remains XYZ, I said ABC worked on that incident may be small component.

Like Cristiano Mariano likes this
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2020

Hi @bhavin.gajjar !

I understood that the JQL syntax @John Funk and I wrote would cover your first scenario.

For the second one, I do not know of any native way of doing that. This thread shows some options, but most of them using of the Jira Apps:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-search-issues-to-which-a-user-has-commented/qaq-p/91873

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer