Is there a way to bulk/mass tag people in a ticket using new jira?

Marvin Bautista October 28, 2019

As the last resort, I've been using the old Jira view to quickly tag a group of people in a Jira ticket. The old Jira view allowed for people to be tagged using prefix "~"

I have a macro on my local machine that saves this plain text
~user1
~user2
~user3
~user4
~user5
~user6
~user7
~user8
~user9
~user10

Is there a way to do this using the new Jira? The new Jira uses "@"  as a prefix, but when I paste this snippet, no one actually gets tagged.

@user1
@User2
@user3
@user4
@user5
@user6
@user7
@John
@user9
@user10

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2019

Hi Marvin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The new editor uses the Markdown editor where the prefix ~ will not work. It was created a bug for that but it was closed because it’s expected. 

I tested here and using @ it won’t work if we save a snippet with a list of users and paste on a comment.

Currently, there is no feature request suggesting the ability to mention multiple users, so please, feel free to raise a feature on jira.atlassian.com (project JRACLOUD) adding more details about why this feature is important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

Marvin Bautista November 18, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

Thanks for the response. I'll go ahead and leave it as is, it's not super important to have this feature using the new jira labs. In the interim, I'll continue to use the old Jira views :)

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer