How do assignee change validators work?

Kwasi Bowman December 13, 2019

I am new to Jira and I am interested in building a workflow for people on different teams. 

When a ticket advances through the stages of my workflow, it is important that it be handed off from members of one team to another. 

I created some validators on my transitions that require the assignee field to be changed in order to progress through the workflow. However, when I change the assignee and try to progress, it still returns the error message asking me to assign to another team member.

The issue I'm running into is two-fold:

1. How do I instruct JIRA who belongs on what teams?

2. Now that I have this validator in place, why is it not working?

Thanks a ton for your help! 

2 answers

0 votes
Rajesh Ramankutty December 14, 2019

HI i guss your case you have to seperate the people by project role wise so that we can be able to restrict people.

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

1. You can potentially do something like assignee in membersOf("insertgroupname")

This is assuming you are using groups. 

2.can you share the conguration on that transition? Hard to say what the issue is without seeing how it’s configured. 

Kwasi Bowman December 19, 2019

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I'm new to this system so can you help me understand what you mean by configuration? Do you want a snapshot of the workflow or to look at the validator itself? 

Thanks!

Suggest an answer