Description field becomes empty when doing state transitions from Jira REST API

Deleted user February 3, 2020

Hi All,
I am getting a weird issue in Jira cloud. We have imported content from Clear Quest to Jira cloud. Imported fields with content including description field. we are consuming Jira REST API urls for attachments and state transitions.
Here when we are doing state transitions (Submitted to Closed) , when the transition is done , Description field data is clearing . I am not updating desc from input json.

Is this manadate to update the description field from state transitions input JSON?

Pls let me know…

Thanks
Vishnu

1 answer

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

You can check the 'History' (next to Activity) of the ticket and see what is actually causing the description to go blank.

Deleted user February 4, 2020

2020-02-04 09_17_46-[VACES-2620] Submitter delivery confirmation email format not matching with requ.png

Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

It looks like it is being changed from your user account, maybe through an API. If you are unsure which API is causing this, try deleting your unused API tokens.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events