Configure view in Roadmap (BETA) ?

Fredrik Edenlind December 16, 2020

Hej 

We just started to use JIRA Cloud Standard and find that the Roadmap feature looks real promising.

However it seems using the hierarchial view and adding an Initiative level above Epic is limited to Premium view , is this correct?

If so im thinking of using Epics for both Epics and Initiatives, by just adding INI in the Title of an Epic.

But if I do this and then check the Roadmap view it shows the Summary text and not the Name in the list of Epics, which means the field is very long and in my case it does not show my INI text :-(

So can you chnage this so it shows the name instead of the Summary text?

And what do you think of my idea to use EPIC for both Initatives and EPICS?

Thx a lot!

1 answer

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Hi Frederick,

Advanced Roadmaps allows you to add extra levels of hierarchy to group at a higher level of work than Epic. You're right, that's limited to Jira Premium I'm afraid.

I have seen Epics marked in the summary to signal that they are higher level with some success - it's not hierarchical though, so you can't create the 1 to many relationship but you can work around it. 

There's no option to display a field other then 'Summary' in the roadmap so I would suggest putting the INI signifier in the summary.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer