Cleaning up a mess Edited

Hello, I'm a IT Support provider taking on a new client. On my list of things to do is to sort out Jira issues. I have lots of experience with various topics, but Jira is something I've never heard of before today. I don't need someone to solve all my problems, just to be pointed in the right direction.

I've done some research but it seems like almost all startup failed errors relate to things being locked elsewhere, which I don't believe is the case(for me). I'm thinking since it appears to be a DB issue that the config was never setup right(it's never worked). Any help would be great, thanks

Jira Error_LI.jpg

1 answer

1 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 13, 2017

Hello,

You should check that your database is up. Also go to JIra_Home on the application server and open dbcofing.xml file to make sure that the settings for the database are right.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Monique van den Berg
Posted Jan 09, 2018 in New to Jira

What's your most basic Jira question?

Let's get our easiest questions answered in this thread for users who are new to Jira!  You can also create a separate thread for your newbie question by clicking on this link. 

89,056 views 83 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot