Atlassian Community online guidelines | Marketplace + Solution Partners | App Central

[Last updated: February 2024]

Atlassian's partners are vital to our community, and we want you to be active! The Atlassian Community team is dedicated to providing an equal platform to all partners. Here are some guidelines for how to do so effectively.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 5.54.03 PM.png

The Atlassian Community does not allow the following:

Promotional language and behavior

Your posts and comments should not be solely for promoting your products or brand. The community is not an appropriate place to promote special pricing or discounts, link to product sites, entice users to "read more," etc. We will remove promotional posts and flag users who do so.  

In simpler terms, If your article mentions a product or service, it must be created in the designated area - App Central. Suppose your article does not mention a product or service (such as general interest or thought leadership). In that case, it can be shared in the collection or group appropriate to the topic.

Plagiarism or gaming the system

Reposting, copy-pasting content, mass upvoting, sock-puppets, impersonating users, necroposting (raising a post from the dead), and other unethical behavior is not permitted.

Do not feature your articles or topics

Featuring should only be done by community admins, not by authors. 

Harmful behavior

Do not provoke, instigate, or bash other community members. Keep our voice and tone in mind when you post. 

Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI)

AI usage for formatting, language, spelling, etc., is allowed if utilized as a tool. AI should not be used as a substitute for providing accurate answers and knowledge to our users, and you are responsible for ensuring that any information you provide is accurate. If you post images or text generated primarily by AI, you should indicate this with a disclaimer in your article. For more, please refer to Atlassian's Responsible Tech Principles.

And one more thing...

Finally, all articles should be posted in App Central or the Atlassian Solution Partner groups, with the exceptions below.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 5.54.12 PM.png

Content: General-interest articles about Atlassian products, Atlassian events, agile methodologies, etc, which do not mention apps can be posted elsewhere in the community

Promotions: You may link your product or service in the event:

• A user explicitly asks for information about your products or services.
  • You are mentioning your app as one possible solution for users.
  • You've written an article about a particular app and want to link the app to your article.
  • Your support documentation answers a user's question in depth, and you want to refer them to it (note, please include a summary of the answer on the community as well. rather than just linking out without any context)
  • You are promoting a webinar that adds community value (see more below)

Necroposting: is only applicable when all of the following is applied:

• Your post adds value to the thread and is specific to the user you are responding to (no cutting and pasting content in multiple threads)
  • You have not updated more than two old posts per day.
  • You have discussed alternative paths and included a marketplace search link in place of direct link to your app/company.

The community is not an appropriate place to promote special pricing or discounts. The community is a place of learning and connecting, not solely a place to promote or point people back to your products or your website. Do not promote your app or spam comments in threads.

partner role4.png

Ready to become identified as a Marketplace Partner and author articles about your products and services? Here's how!

Requirements

✅ Maintain an active* community account with a history of healthy engagement [*Most recent contribution is within the last 30 days]

✅ Update your account to reflect partner company affiliation in username

Ex: John Doe _Company_. | Jane Doe -Company- | John Doe (Company)

✅ Review, agree, and adhere to Atlassian Terms of Service, Rules of Engagement, and the Marketplace Partner Guidelines outlined in this article.

✅ Have a firm understanding that article writing privileges are a perk that, if not used responsibly, will be removed.

🚨 Submit your request for Article Writing permissions + Lozenge here ➡️ CLICK ME

*With a successful request, you receive a lozenge on your profile to identify you as a partner. This lozenge will supersede the Rising Star lozenge if you currently hold it.

Leverage this perk with intention and carefully curate your content to resonate with our member base. Irresponsible use of this privilege will lead to a loss of reputation in the Community, ‘blindness’ to Partner services, and potential permanent removal of this perk.

If you are interested in becoming more broadly involved in the community and even joining the Community Leaders program in the future, providing general help to our users and participating in the community are great ways to get started. Learn more about the Community Leaders program here.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 5.54.23 PM.png

Community Managers, Group Admins, and Community Leaders moderate the Atlassian Community and its groups.

Partners who do not observe article-writing guidelines are issued an immediate warning. Warnings are delivered through a comment in response to a article or e-mail from communitymanagers@atlassian.com.

We make every effort to ensure education is provided on now to best leverage community in your product or services marketing. However, if educational outreach is unsuccessful, consequences of repeated non-observance include:

• Suspension of the article-writing perk
  • Escalation to the Atlassian (internal) Marketplace point of contact for the business you are representing

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 5.54.34 PM.png

Content Creation

Publishing articles

Articles must provide educational value. A ratio to keep in mind when creating your content is 99% practical information, and 1% promotion of product or service. Company affiliation must be stated in the body of the article.

Answering questions

We do not allow the use of signatures and do not condone signature replicating behavior such as copy and pasting the same content in every comment or answer you create.

Product and service recommendations must be relevant. Recommendations should only be made when they can directly solve a customer's problem and no other helpful solutions can be identified.

Creating tags

Tags can be created to organize your content relevant to your app. You can ask users to create content using your tags can live in the same place and generate links pre-populated with your tags and include them in your support experience

Ex: Flurb app would use tags such as flurb-app, flurb-jira, and flurb-confluence
This pre-populated URL will create a question in the apps space automatically tagged with "flurb." You can change the URL parameters to pre-tag with any tag you like!

When in doubt, keep your content in App Central.

💡 If you adhere to these guidelines and believe your post has been removed or flagged in error, reach out to us at communitymanagers@atlassian.com and let us know. 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 5.56.48 PM.png

☞ Quick Links

Case Studies/ Partner Spotlight Request

In-Person Guidelines

Events Etiquette Guidelines for Partners

Rules of Engagement

Necroposting Guidelines

Questions about Kudos badges

28 comments

Comment

Gergo Matyas October 24, 2022

Hey there, I've just reached the Level 3 badge, and I agree to the conditions above.

Can I please have permission to write articles?

I work at EverIT (Marketplace Vendor)

@Monique vdB 👋🏻

Like # people like this
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2023

Hi @Monique vdB , can I have the permission?

Like # people like this
Andrey Konakov May 13, 2023

Hello, I've reached the Level 5 badge, I agree to the conditions and would like to post articles for sharing some useful content with the community.

Can I please have permission to write articles?

Thanks @Monique vdB 

Like # people like this
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2023

Hi @Monique vdB can I access the HTML editor, please 🙏🏼 ?

I'd like to embed a video for Apptoberfest Demo.

Like # people like this
Kelsey Van Scoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2023

Hi @Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_

I replied on the other chain with the code for your video. You should be able to edit your discussion post and view the HTML tab below as pictured:

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 07.55.07.png

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2023

Hi @Monique vdB @Kelsey Van Scoy 

May I also get access to embed the Apptoberfest video?

Like Eva Gruener likes this
Kelsey Van Scoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2023

@Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_ - monique handles access for article publishing. I will be handling all-things Apptoberfest. I was able to edit your post and embed the video. :)

Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
October 5, 2023

@Kelsey Van Scoy Yes, thank you a lot for your help with video embedding!

But I don't have tabs with HTML (from the screenshot you can see that I have only one option with the text editor)Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 09.15.16.png

Like Peter _ DevSamurai likes this
Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 5, 2023
Like # people like this
Halina Cudakiewicz_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
October 6, 2023

Hello @Kelsey Van Scoy 

Thank you for the writing privileges! I just published my first article about Apptoberfest (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central/Apptoberfest-Demo-2023-Journey-to-Jira-topia-with-Dynamic-Forms/ba-p/2498480) and I can't embed a video. Can you please help?

Here's the code (I don't have the HTML editor):

<iframe style="width: 560px; height: 315px;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DzKgqA4oY7w?si=WG6DiUBHj5TBsEL9" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anna Mitina _Stiltsoft_ October 6, 2023

Hi @Monique vdB @Saralie S. 

I would like to request article writing permissions and Lozenge.

Anna Mitina _Stiltsoft_ October 6, 2023

Hi @Kelsey Van Scoy 

Could you please help me with embedding the video for Apptoberfest? 

Neghena drawio Diagrams October 12, 2023

Hi! I reached level three- can i get permission for article writing? Agree to the conditions above. I work at Seibert Media (draw.io team)

Update: Opened a ticket and it was marked as solve but do not seem to have article writing privileges.

Like Mike Rink likes this
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
October 15, 2023

Hello @Monique vdB @Kelsey Van Scoy 

May I also get access to embed the Apptoberfest video?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central/Apptoberfest-Time-in-Status-for-Jira-Cloud-A-Recipe-for/td-p/2505721

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
October 23, 2023

Hi! I have an article in moderation in App Central about the launch of a new app. After double-checking these guidelines against the article, it's still not clear to me why it's being considered as spam.

It's my understanding that App Central content can include explicit content about an app, as long as it doesn't contain promotions, links to external landing pages, read more links.

The article does contain a link to a YouTube video with an entertaining ad. I suspect that this might be the violation and considered promotional. The video is not too salesy in our opinion, but I understand that this is subject to interpretation. Can anybody please confirm? 

Here are the links to the article in moderation:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central/An-agile-app-launch-worthy-of-NASA-Not-Another-Standup-App/ba-p/2510216

I appreciate and thank you for your feedback!

Best,
Jaime

Patricia Modispacher _Actonic_
Marketplace Partner
October 23, 2023

Hi there, one of my articles is still in moderation although I reached out many times. Can you please check and help me? I have no idea what I did wrong ...

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Time-Tracking-in-Jira-Detailed-Guide-for-2023/ba-p/2486426#M7094

Thank you!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2023

@Jaime Capitel _resolution_ and @Patricia Modispacher _Actonic_ 

I have restored both of your articles to the site.  In both cases, the system just automatically flagged them as spam.  This happens sometimes.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
October 24, 2023

@Andy Heinzer thank you, that's much appreciated!!

Claudia Müller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 26, 2023

Can I please have permission to write articles? (Marketplace Vendor IntraFind)

Like Eva Gruener likes this
Violetta Chernobuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2023

Hi there,
I'm a member of Planyway team. Can you please share the access for writing articles with me? @Monique vdB 

Christiaan Joubert _re_solution_ December 19, 2023

Hi @Monique vdB as one of the Marketplace Partners I was wondering if you could please grant me access to write articles, I've reached the relevant level to do so - and would love to share some news and insights.  

Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2024

Hi @Monique vdB , can I have writing permission?

Balázs Szakál _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
January 19, 2024

Hi @Monique vdB ,

As a partner, I have published an article (1st timer) on Wednesday morning (2 days ago), it went to moderation, and still then its not listed nor I can find it anywhere.

Is there something I should do to make it publicly visible?

Thanks in advance!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events