{{lookupissues.size}} for IF ELSE Automation not giving expected results

Daniel Landino May 29, 2022

Hi Everyone!

Have been stumped with this one for several hours, any help is really appreciated.

I'm using {{lookupissues}} and {{lookupissues.size}} on a custom field to try and publish different messages (if/else) to slack based on if the jql returns 0 or anything greater than 0 but it's not working.

I've simplified the example as best I could but Attaching a screenshot that I think best outlines the problem I am facing.

Both tests are returning the Else even though you can see the 6:01pm run has an associated item.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 6.01.34 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2022

Hi @Daniel Landino

Welcome to the community!

It's not clear what what you are trying to do with = 0d, but I'm assuming you want to capture tickets are due the same day.

You may want to use something like startofday() jql instead: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/ 

Hey Thanks for the reply. Yes that's the aim of the 0d and I'll check the startofday function out for efficiency but it's not the issue here - that filter is already being used successfully for several other purposes.

The count of the lookupissues.size is the problem - it's not working properly in the advanced compare if stuff

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events