why i cannot use JQL issuesSubtasks,issuesParents with "AM utils"

kai qin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2015

after install "AM utils" successfully, i found i cannot use JQL issuesSubtasks,issuesParents.

i want to list all subbtasks of critical parents, my JQL is "issuesSubtasks(priority=Critical)",

and i got an error------- "Error in the JQL Query: Expecting operator but got '('. The valid operators are '=', '!=', '<', '>', '<=', '>=', '~', '!~', 'IN', 'NOT IN', 'IS' and 'IS NOT'. (line 1, character 15)"

AM utils Version is 1.3.6,and we are using jira7

please help me , thanks a lot!!!

5 answers

2 votes
JamesT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2016

I think I figured it out.  You have to use the syntax

issues in issuesParents("Priority=Critical")

You can combine that with the rest of the JQL, but you must use the "issues in" format for this.  Also, I had to use issuesParents() when I thought what I wanted was issuesSubtasks(), so try both to get what you want!

1 vote
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2016

Hello, should be:

issuesSubtasks("priority=Critical"). Quotes inside function

JamesT
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2016

Are you the author of this add-on?  I can't get this work either.  Add-on is installed, but adding issuesSubtasks("priority=Critical") to a JQL query gives the error shown.  It's like JQL isn't recognizing the new function and can't handle the parentheses.

Kirill Ivarov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2018

Works as Andrey said - JQL should be inside the quotes "",
As you found out in your recent answer.
And I suggest author to provide some more examples to wiki - did same mistake.
Great plugin!)

0 votes
Richard July 5, 2018

For example, this would list all subtasks of PWB-3909 and PWB-2910:

issue in issuesSubtasks("Issue in(PWB-3909, PWB-2910)")

Works well here ;)

0 votes
kai qin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 13, 2016

not yet, sill waiting for the anwser

0 votes
pieterG February 10, 2016

did you fix this?

Suggest an answer