why can't I filter by assignees?

Stephen Farrell October 13, 2019

I'm trying to filter by assignees, but I keep getting an error message, 'The Jira server was contacted by returned an error response'. This pops up as soon as I start typing.

1 answer

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019
Stephen Farrell October 15, 2019

Thanks for the response.

The second article suggested checking to make sure every user has an email address stored in the system. I have done this.

The first article suggested searching for issues with null types. It doesn't explain how to do this. Can you please add some more detail?

thanks,

Stephen

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2019

If you have access to the database, the article has the SQL to get those issues that may have issuetype as null.

select ji.id,ji.project,p.pkey,ji.issuenum,ji.issuetype from jiraissue ji join project p on ji.project=p.id where issuetype is null;

without access to the database I honestly can't figure out how to do it.

Stephen Farrell October 17, 2019

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a user issue, it's a fault in the product. How do I get Atlassian to investigate? 

Suggest an answer