why advanced filter "Resolved < startOfMonth()" doesn`t work?

Олександр Третяк November 16, 2016

I have issue with "status = Resolved",
but I can`t find it with querry:
Resolved < startOfMonth()
or  < endOfWeek()
etc.

I can`t anderstand why?!...

3 answers

0 votes
Олександр Третяк November 17, 2016

Thank you! I didn`t catch this diference bifore...(

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

The Status Resolved is not the same thing than the Date Field Resolved (also known as resolutiondate).

You can set your workflow so that, on entering Resolved status, a resolution is automatically set (or, alternatively, popup a dialog to set a resolution).

As soon as an issue has a value on the field Resolution, the date in which it happened will be recorded in the resolved/resolutiondate field.

It is likely that the issue lacks a resolution date. Try this JQL query to check it:

status = Resolved AND resolution is EMPTY
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

Status and resolution are two separate things.

Your query, translated into English, is "issues that have a resolution date before the start of the month". 

It has nothing to do with "status = resolved" directly - it's looking at the date that a resolution was set on the issue.  Which may or may not be the date the issue was moved into "resolved"

Suggest an answer