where we create jira-config.properties in jira home directory?

VENKATESH POKALA February 19, 2017

Hi,

In Server 7.2 instamces there is no jira-config.properties file.. So please tell me where we will craete and how to create (Step by Step process)..

Thanks In Advance

Venkatesh.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2017

The answer is in your own question - "create jira-config.properties in JIRA home directory".  I'm not going to try to tell you how to create a file in a directory, I don't know what your OS is, or what text editor you feel like using.

VENKATESH POKALA February 20, 2017

Sorry Nic, My Os is Windows And my question is JIRA upto 7.1 versions there is a file in home directory for "Export Excel" purpose but now it is removed i want create that file in my JIRA 7.3 can you please tell me how to create and where it will be create?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2017

Er, create jira-config.properties in JIRA home directory

I'm not going to try to teach you how to create files.

VENKATESH POKALA February 20, 2017

JIRA Server 7.2 instances

We removed the Excel export option in JIRA 7.2, as we've introduced a more robust, flexible exporter in the CSV export. We hope you find this more beneficial. We do plan on removing this functionality entirely, however in the meantime it can be unlocked with the following steps:

1. Stop JIRA.
2. Locate the jira-config.properties file in the $JIRA_HOME directory. If the file does not exist, please proceed to create it.
3. Open the file and add the below on a separate line:

jira.export.excel.enabled=true

4. Save this file.
5. Restart JIRA.

***How to fix this file in $JIRA_HOME directory please tell me.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-excel-export-of-issues-no-longer-opens-correctly-838403242.html

Suggest an answer