where i can download the atlassian-jira.6.1 Jar download?

jayasingh November 11, 2013

Hi,

i have created one report plugin to retrieve the values of custom fields by taking the fix version values as input. we are using jira 5.0.7 but planning to migrate to jira 6.1. I have checked the report plugin with jira 6.1 in testing instance but not working. I know this is because the plugin generated in 5.0.7 the jars are different(used atlassian-jira.5.0.7 jar). i have to generate this same report plugin using atlassian-jira.6.1 jar.

Kindly Suggest me where i can download this jar.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

5 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

atlassian-jira dependency is not available from JIRA6. Use this instead:

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
      <artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>
      <version>${jira.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
<dependency>
      <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
      <artifactId>jira-core</artifactId>
      <version>${jira.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

jira-core is not recommended unless you absolutely need it and so start with jira-api. jira-api is the stable API and should have most APIs you need.

1 vote
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

If I'm not wrong, you are using Jira 5.0.7 , your plugin is supported for it . Now you need to make it work for Jira 6.1 and you want Jira 6.1 ?

You download Jira 6.1 from the link posted by Christian Czaia and also make code changes in your plugin according to the 6.1 API and also do change <jira.version> to 6.1 as said by Bhushan Nagaraj and build it in the prompt.

Note: latest sdk only support for 6.0.8 see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/atlassian-plugin-sdk-windows/versions

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2013

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand the question correctly. But if you are upgrading your plugin from 5.0.7 to 6.1, go to your pom.xml and find <jira.version> and <jira.data.version> property and change it to 6.1.

Then running atlas-debug or atlas-run will run your plugin against JIRA version 6.1

Note: If <jira.data.version> is not found in your plugin.xml, ignore it. Just change <jira.version>

Thank you

Bhushan

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2013

There should be no need for you to "download the jar for 6.1".

If you're writing code, you include it as a dependency/import. If you're running Jira, then Christian's answer is correct - you should be downloading the appropriate version of the software and installing it as per documentation.

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2013

Suggest an answer