where has "my open issues" and "reported by me" gone?

nutmix February 16, 2021

Jira is great, but if you use it infrequently, searching and finding issues can be painful.

There used to be a left panel which had things like "my open issues" and "reported by me".

However, this is no longer available.  This might be our organisations configuration.

At the top, we only see

1. "your work" which only shows a few items, and there no way to get the list of tickets I created from this, so is useless unless the thing you are looking for is very recent.
  2. projects.  
  3. Filters. I could use filters, and set one up to show all tickets I created, but, frankly, I would have to read the manual or google it each time I want to use it, so avoid this unless necessary. Under filters is just "view all filters" with hundreds of filters other people have created, and "advanced issue search", which is probably too advanced (I am looking for the "simple search)
  4. More.  Dashboards, people, apps.
  5. Create
  6. Search box (not very useful unless the tickets you create all have a unique word in them).

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Hi @nutmix

I see it like Jack.

For your question to "my open issues" and "reported by me" filters I checked and see they are still there:

grafik.png

This is reachable from your project when clicking on "Filters".

The remainder of your concern, however are valid and still apply.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Hi nutmix! Indeed Jira Cloud changes frequently and if you only use it from time to time this can be suddenly daunting to dive back in following a lot of changes. If you are looking for answers to specific questions using the new view then please let me know your specific needs. However, if you are looking for a solution that allows you to float in and out and back in that has some longevity to it I would highly recommend your create a dashboard that captures the things you are interested in and are based upon filters that you have saved as JQL is not changing much and therefore things should appear as they were previously when you last looked at your dashboard.

Suggest an answer