what is jira Log Work field name

Hello,

when creating properties for workflow  (like on : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LozB_FuIe28), I want to exclude the "Log Work" for epic.

How can I know the name of logwork? Where is the information.

(i.e if I want to exclude the resolution field, I enter: jira.field.resolution.exclude, as the above link. What is the name I shall enter for logwork, and how can I find that name?)

Thanks.

1 answer

0 vote

It's not a field, it's a function.

I think you're asking to block users entering time when an issue is in a status?  That can be controlled by setting the workflow property on a status to say "no permission to log work" (a permission property, rather than field)

Indeed I am asking that for block users enter time as you said.

I need specifically block ot in EPIC.

Need an example how doing that.

Thanks.

Go to your workflow and edit it.  Find the status where people should not be logging work, and add a property to it

I think (from memory) you need:

jira.permission.work=denied

But check https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

213 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you