wget XML request

FabienA June 5, 2012

Hi Team,

Please I try to export an Issue filter result into a XML file with the wget command.

I have in my issue filter a custom field (multi user picker) and when I run my wget command it returns the username instead of the fullname user.

For instance : <customfieldvalue><![CDATA[username]]></customfieldvalue>

However in the issue navigator the result is ok I can see the fullname.

So is there something particular to setup to get the fullname when using the wget command ?

Many thanks for any feedback,

Fabien.

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2012

Can you post an example of the URL/command you're issuing to JIRA and and example of the response you're getting, you can mask out private information.

This would help to get a better understanding of what you're trying to accomplish.

I'm keen to say that JIRA does some more processing on the UI that transforms the results on the full username and that is why you can see it working on the Issue Navigator, and not on the XML response. I wouldn't expect that there is a flag that can change this behavior.

Cheers,
Felipe

FabienA June 13, 2012

Hi thanks for your feedfback,

My request is something like: https://jira.***.com/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/11710/SearchRequest-11710.xml?tempMax=1000&os_username=toto&os_password=titi'

And result:

<customfield id="customfield_xxxxx" key="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multiuserpicker"><customfieldname>Tata</customfieldname><customfieldvalues><customfieldvalue>user1jirausername</customfieldvalue><customfieldvalue>user3jirausername</customfieldvalue><customfieldvalue>user2jirausername</customfieldvalue></customfieldvalues></customfield>

So where there is userXjirausername I need the Jira Fullname...

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2012

As I said before I'm not sure if there is any way of toggling the XML response to behave the way you need, I'm tempted to say there isn't.

You would maybe have more luck using the REST API (/search): http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#id161575

And if that also doesn't work, I guess you will need to fetch the Full names using the REST API and do the transformation on your side, using a Map like structure should make this a breeze to implement once you have all the users populated there.

I hope this shed some light on your implementation ideas ;)

Suggest an answer