webdav upload fails for initial onDemand environment setup

Patrik Jetzer April 8, 2013

i try to upload our backed up jira application data and attachments etc.

when trying to copy any of the files to the webdav directory the copy operation fials with an error code:

"An error occured. The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -36.)"

Does anybode have a similar problem uploading file to the webdav dir?

webdav client: Finder "Connect to server"

Filesizes < 30MB

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik Jetzer April 23, 2013

Using Cyberduck as WebDav client solved the Problem.

Thanks Patrik

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

Hi Patrik,

I have been investigating what OSStatus error -36 is and it appears that the problem simply means I/O Error, which isn't very helpful. I found this article which discusses the problem and suggests that you try using something other than Finder to move the data: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20011058-263.html

So, can yu try using something like CyberDuck as your WebDAV client and if this also doesn't work for you then please create a ticket with Support, (in the OnDemand project), so that we can check your instance and make sure there aren't any problems with your WebDAV folder on the instance etc.

All the best,
John

0 votes
PatrickO September 16, 2013

This completely defeats the purpose of making simple and quick connections via the native OS. My boss mentioned this to me recently that it should work like Dropbox. After I've spent over an hour messing with this and reading I've discovered that in OS X you get error messages, just like mentioned in above post, that Jira/Atlassian has not addressed this and gotten it fixed.

What gives????

Come on Atlassian, everytime I have users in our company tell me it has to be easy I keep finding roadblocks, error messages etc....We keep running into reasons to not use Jira/Confluence.

Suggest an answer