web ui fails to render at issue view page

CyberSage January 13, 2020

At issue view page, see errors.

I tried to restart Jira container after google. no luck.

Error rendering 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:details-module'. Please contact your Jira administrators.

Error rendering 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:peoplemodule'. Please contact your Jira administrators.

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

@CyberSage 

Since you mentioned container I am assuming you are using docker.

Did you try to list your containers?

What are you seeing?

There will be couple commands to run in order to make sure that your container is still there, and wasn't deleted. Is your license still valid?

Best,

Fadoua

CyberSage January 14, 2020

Fadoua, thanks.

how can I upload logs to Jira for further analysis?

The docker containers are running fine. The Jira has valid license and the UI pages (admin, issue creation) are responding to requests .  see the screen inserted for the error.

Screenshot_2020-01-15 [EW-19] Customer Questionnaire - Jira.png

Screenshot_2020-01-14 [My open issues] Issue Navigator - Jira.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Unfortunately you can only copy/paste the logs @CyberSage .

Did you check if all macros under system installed plugins are enabled?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

Faodoua:

are there Jira docs on how to check Macros? here is the screenshot of the details module config. it can not render but shows enabled in the config.

Fadoua:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/error-occurs-on-detail-module-under-issue-view-page-300811192.html

I tried that one as well. the dir is /root and is empty.  I restarted the docker container and no luck. should I try to restart Jira app, not the container? if so, how do I restart Jira in docker?

$JIRA_INSTALL/work
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

docker restart jira

Also are you Jira Admin? If yes you should be able to see the cog at the top right corner on the application.

Click on it and then try to go to manage apps

yes, I am Jira Admin. pls see the "manage apps" page.

where do I check the Macro status?

I tried the docker restart and it did not solve the problem.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

@CyberSage  you didn't attach the screenshot

Screenshot_2020-01-15 Manage apps - Jira(1).png

I tried to paste the log entries here but can not. does this forum limit the size of post?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

@CyberSage Please be really careful when you are checking the system plugins.

Click on the arrow pointing to the right by the plugin name it will show you how many macros you have in total if it says for example 20 of 23 then you know that 3 of them are disabled.

I checked every add-on with "issue" in the name and do not find any macro which are disabled.

what else can we check?

Screenshot_2020-01-15 Manage apps - Jira(2).png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2020

Ok let me ask you this question: did this behaviour just start? Was the information displaying properly before @CyberSage ?

I am not sure. I set up this server just a few days ago.

I noticed the issue after I imported a project into the new server.

btw, how can I post log entries here? it does not allow me to post.

Jira error logs say "projectRole is null" when the pages with errors are loaded.

however, the project has its roles and members defined.

please advise how to proceed.

2020-01-14 22:09:48,208 http-nio-8080-exec-7 ERROR luminadmin 1329x4244x1 gboclq 10.0.20.23 /browse/EW-19 [c.a.j.web.component.ModuleWebComponentImpl] An exception occured while rendering the web panel: com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:datesmodule (null)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot determine field screen for operation 'admin.issue.operations.view'.
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenSchemeImpl.getFieldScreen(FieldScreenSchemeImpl.java:123)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.StandardFieldScreenRendererFactory.createFieldScreenRenderer(StandardFieldScreenRendererFactory.java:48)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenRendererFactoryImpl.getFieldScreenRenderer(FieldScreenRendererFactoryImpl.java:45)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor556.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.plugin.util.ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.java:26)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy350.getFieldScreenRenderer(Unknown Source)
... 2 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.bridge.external.HostComponentFactoryBean$DynamicServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(HostComponentFactoryBean.java:131)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy350.getFieldScreenRenderer(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.viewissue.DateBlockContextProvider.getDateCustomFieldModels(DateBlockContextProvider.java:105)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.viewissue.DateBlockContextProvider.getContextMap(DateBlockContextProvider.java:88)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.CacheableContextProviderDecorator.initContextMap(CacheableContextProviderDecorator.java:63)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.CacheableContextProviderDecorator.getContextMap(CacheableContextProviderDecorator.java:41)
at com.atlassian.plugin.web.descriptors.DefaultWebPanelModuleDescriptor$ContextAwareWebPanel.getHtml(DefaultWebPanelModuleDescriptor.java:134)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.component.ModuleWebComponentImpl.renderModule(ModuleWebComponentImpl.java:81)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.component.ModuleWebComponentImpl.access$000(ModuleWebComponentImpl.java:30)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.component.ModuleWebComponentImpl$1.run(ModuleWebComponentImpl.java:67)
at com.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess.runnable(SafePluginPointAccess.java:404)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.component.ModuleWebComponentImpl.renderModuleAndLetNoThrowablesEscape(ModuleWebComponentImpl.java:63)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.component.ModuleWebComponentImpl.renderModule(ModuleWebComponentImpl.java:53)
... 2 filtered

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

ok let me see what I will be able to find in the logs @CyberSage 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

@CyberSage  I missed one of your answers yesterday

You said you imported a project:

• What Jira version was your project created in?
  • Before importing the project did you follow Atlassian documentation? Made sure that you have everything the same between source and target instance otherwise you will see errors and this one you are getting could be triggered because of some missing features.
  • Check the following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/importing-projects-into-the-target-instance-933088195.html

Best,

Fadoua

CyberSage January 15, 2020

I will do the project migration again to have another test.

The current migrated project has some development going on.

how can I keep the current migrated project while doing another migration? I ask so as I worry the new migration may overwrite the current project as it happens on the same project in the source.

thank you

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

Refrain from any changes at the moment as they will create a mess in your instance.

Is there a way for you to create another Jira instance with docker? So that you can try importing your project properly following Atlassian guidelines.

Suggest an answer