ways to install jira-server-desk

Mengmeng Yu May 24, 2021

Hi team,

I try to install Jira service desk onto our existing Jira server 8.8.1.

then I download jira-servicedesk-application-4.8.1.obr 

and then upload application through UI.  but it keeps uploading. which is shown as below.

so I have below question want to ask.

1,  what could be the possible reason when it keep uploading.

2, is there any other way I can install Jira service desk as add-on.

3, can this .obr file be installed as add-on ? cause I only install jar files as add-on

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi Mengmeng,

1,  what could be the possible reason when it keep uploading.

There are various reasons the upload may timeout. It is possible that a reverse proxy is blocking large file uploads, or their may be enterprise DLP software that scans files and forces time out. If there is a proxy, are you able to bypass it and install it this way?

2, is there any other way I can install Jira service desk as add-on.

3, can this .obr file be installed as add-on ? cause I only install jar files as add-on

An .obr is a fancy zip file, so you can rename the .obr to .zip. Inside this zip is a number of jar's (top level, as well as inside sub-directory dependencies/).

Once Jira is stopped, you can then place the jar's inside <jira_home>/plugins/installed-plugins and start Jira up again. See this page for more info.

Make sure you test in your non-production environment.

Cheers, Jimmy

0 votes
Mengmeng Yu May 24, 2021

Hi Jimmy. thank you very much. it works

Suggest an answer