want to assigned jira workflow or workflow scheme to the jira project using rest api (server)

chaitali k January 28, 2021

Its possible to assigned workflow or workflow scheme to the jira project using jira server rest api?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

No, because it's not as simple as "change workflow".  You need to go through the migration process when you change a workflow, and Atlassian have not yet coded a REST call that can demand all the migration information up-front.

chaitali k January 28, 2021

thanks for your answer.

can you help me to get more info about "PUT /rest/api/2/workflowscheme/{id}" this api

how its works ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

See https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.13.1/#api/2/workflowscheme

(Adjust the 8.13.1 for your target version of Jira).  You'll see there's calls for doing everything except actually applying a scheme.

chaitali k January 29, 2021

I also want to modify workflow can you tell me which api i need to use. I used "PUT /rest/api/2/workflowscheme/{id}" , its gave me response as 200 but i can not see issuetype get updated in that workflow scheme.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2021

To modify the workflow, see the calls documented on the link I gave you.

And, as for "issuetype get updated", please re-read my original answer.

Suggest an answer