visit page >20

Sebastian Mathea November 27, 2018

I have a issue-search page with more than 3000 results. If I go forward I can't go past page 20. The page turns white and nothing happens. If I change the &startIndex in the address bar for example to 1200 it just puts me back to page 20 with &startIndex=950.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2018

There is a limit in Jira of 1000 issues. It can be overridden but some caution should be observed. Here is a thread that discusses this including a KB article link on how to.

Thank you for your reply, but here's the thing. I completely understand that you can not export more than 1000 items at a time. Therefore you can set the &startindex, to batch it into 1000s blocks.
But the normal Issue-View only shows you 50 issues at a time but with paging. Still you can not go further than page 20.
I mean, this is what paging is for, isn't it? You can not viel all issues at the same time but you can step throug the pages. The limit would only make sense if the server internally builds up all 1000 issues and then throws the first 950 away to send you the last 50. Is that the case?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2018

Don't disagree w/ you here. Unsure how Atlassian has implemented their paging here but given the limitation I suspect that indeed the search result actually 'loads' 1k (or whatever is configured). You may wish to watch and vote for one or both of the following:

JRACLOUD-45639

JRACLOUD-68027

Yes okay, thanks. Those two issues are exactly my problem, thanks.

Suggest an answer