view previous status and new status change in the issues query page

N R May 25, 2017

hello i wanted to see a list of issues where the status was changed in the last 24 hours and see the previous status and new status in the jira issues query page as 2 seperate columns. is that possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

Hi N R,

You can certainly use JQL (JIRA Query Language) to find issues where the status was changed recently.  Your query would look like this:  status CHANGED AFTER -24h.  More info on queries like this one is available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-operators-reference-764478341.html#Advancedsearching-operatorsreference-CHANGEDCHANGED

But I don't believe there's a way to display the before and now value of any JIRA field on the search results page.

The only place you can see these values is in each individual issue's "Activity" section.  The before and now is also logged in the database, if you're able to access it.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but hope this helps,

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer