using in with linkedIssuesOf and fixversion

Gianni Pucciani August 12, 2015

Hello,

I am using the ScriptRunner JQL function linkedIssuesOf to do something like this:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("fixVersion in ("1.0", "1.1")", linkname)

but getting the JQL error  " Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ')' or ',' but got '1.0'.

Does this function support the IN operator or just "=" as in the examples of the doc?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

You're missing a " in that query

Thanks, sorry was an error in the post, I corrected the post.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

I think it's still the punctuation in there - break it down by line breaks instead of quotes, and you get issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf( "fixVersion in (" 1.0 ", " 1.1 ")" , linkname) As you can see, the third line is not a clause, it's just a string. I'd try issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(fixVersion in ("1.0", "1.1"), linkname)

Thanks Nic, but if I copy/paste your line in JQL I still get the error: --Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ')' or ',' but got 'in'. (line 1, character 44)--

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2015

Ah, I think I have it. Sorry, I should have looked for that more closely issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("fixVersion in ('1.0', '1.1')", "blocks")

Nick August 14, 2015

You have a minor typo in your query.

The following works for me

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('fixVersion in ("1.0", "1.1")', 'depends on')
Gianni Pucciani August 23, 2015

working now, thank you!

Suggest an answer