I have a user that has the same role and permissions of others but only sees about 1/3 the fields as other users. What would cause this? What should I look at to get the user full view?
Hi Nic, You are very close, let me correct a few points.
1) user was limited on fields in the edit screen. The configure fields button by default is always there. I don't know how the user got missing fields. I don't have long enough history here.
2) yes, a past admin entered code in the description box to "hide" the configure fields button.
3) yes, user needed to have the configure fields button returned so she could get all the fields back.
4) we did all that, then I returned the code and the button is now "hidden" again, but this time I know the issue.
There aren't any fields in JIRA that behave like this, unless you've got an addon. Could you confirm that this is happening just in edit mode? They can see the fields in issue view when they have data?
(If it is just edit/update, look at the "configure fields" option where a user can hide fields if they want)
John, please paste here: * Screenshot of the edit pop-up of a common user (with all fields) * Screenshot of the edit pop-up of a problematic user (with missing fields) Ask the particular user to check the if the fields are missing too on different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge). If you have checked the button yourself (unfortunately do not trust user... :) ) and it disappears after use, then please open the browser console (F12, console tab), make a screenshot and paste it here too.
On the edit screen, in the upper corner of the pop-up there is a "Configure fields" button.
After clicking the button every user can switch to custom display mode, and disable some fields.
Check if this particular user has the custom mode enabled. If so he should just switch to "all" mode by using the same button.
What happens if both people try "edit" from the same place? One of these is from the navigator, the other the issue. That shouldn't actually matter though. It really does look like you've got the Behaviours addon running, and someone has turned off the configure fields ability (after the first user hid half their fields)
OK, one step a time. First, let me ask you how is your tooth now? :) I hope it's ok. Now to the troubleshooting. 1) Please ask Heidi to provide a screenshot of full window, along with jira menus and her profile picture (omit address bar). 2) Go to the profile of Heidi and compare her groups with Julien Hamilton's and Sandra Mostacci's groups. There must be some differences that will tell us where to look next.
Hi Nic, 1) I am not clear what you mean by one is from the navigator, the other the issue. 2) if someone turned the configure field "off", where is this done, so I can try to turn it back "on". 3) I will go to add on managers, what should I look for that indicates a "behavior"? 4) do I just temporarily "disable" it and see if that allows the configuration field to return?
Blazej: Heidi has the same permissions as her team mates and the same roles. I even asked her to go to her browser and delete her browser history, etc and see if that affects anything. (it didn't).
Thanks you all, for your continued help and patience.
1. Look at the backgrounds of the screenshots - the users have popped up the screen from two different places. 2. It's a hack - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/how-to-hide-the-configure-fields-button-on-the-create-issue-screen-317950124.html 3. Look for the Script Runner section in Admin, the Behaviours would be below that. And you can disable the addon to test if it changes.
Nic: YOU helped me solve the issue. See #2 above the link on how to hide configure fields. I had to read it about 4 times, and finally understood to go to issues > fields > configure fields > configure.
Which really means go to configure fields and first FIND the individual project you need. THEN go to configure, look for the description field, click edit, DELETE the code out of the box and hit the UPDATE box. THEN the configure Field instantly appears!
BOOM! got it. There were just a few missing instructions.
I didn't need to disable any of my 3rd party plugins.
thanks for your help.
PS: can now close this question.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot