user cannot see dashboard I created and shared with all users, I made them an owner

Stefanie Sullivan November 5, 2019

I created a dashboard and shared it with all logged in users. I also made the specific user the owner of the dashboard but they are unable to see it. What is missing?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2019

@Stefanie Sullivan 

Three things to check: 

1. Does the user have permission to view any/all JQL filters being used.

2. Does the user have permission to view the dashboard.

3. Does the user have permission to view issues within the projects that should be supplying data to the filters and/or dashboard.

Stefanie Sullivan November 6, 2019

1. All filters are public on this DB

2. Yes, user has permissions. I logged in as user

3. User has access to all projects. When I logged in as them I could see all the projects and click into their boards.

The user is in the default jira users group.

I logged in as the user and with the link I was able to open it and favorite it.

What is odd is that there is no option under dashboards to View All Dashboards.

When I log in as the user and click dashboards that is now their default DB. 

Like Kathy Hart likes this

AH - super weird. The user can only search to dashboards in the ellipses on the upper right-hand side of an existing dashboard.

https://www.screencast.com/t/yOtghoMx

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

It looks like that may be the expected behavior. Take a look at this Atlassian Doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/configuring-dashboards-765593585.html

under the heading Search for an existing or shared dashboard. Does that describe the behavior you are seeing?

Like Stefanie Sullivan likes this
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2019

@Stefanie Sullivan So glad you found it. Not being sure if you were on Server or Cloud I was not sure where you would find it.

Now, if the user has more than one Starred dashboard, there is probably a link available in her menu to reach the Dashboard list. 

Dashboard search.png

If that is not available, you may also be able to look in the Star menu to get the Find option for several things like Dashboards, and Saved Filters. 

Stars list.png

So glad to have been of service. 

Hi @Kathy Hart  I am on cloud. It just seems odd that this specific behavior would be different. It was not intuitive for me.

Thanks for you help!

@Kathy Hart  Just to answer your question though about favoriting/starring the dashboard...

When I logged in as the user, finally found how to search for other dashboards as this user, and starred the DB, it became their default dashboard. 

1 vote
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2019

There are a few things that will need to be clarified first.

1. Cloud or Server version?
  2. Did the user just look on their main menu for the new dashboard or did they go look at All Dashboards? It will not appear in their main menu until the user Stars it, even if you make them an owner. They will have to navigate to All Dashboards, find the one you made, and click the star. Once that is done the dashboard will show up when they select Dashboards on their main menu.
  3. Did you give them permissions on all the filters you used to create your Dashboard Gadgets? If you did not do this, then they will end up being able to see the dashboard itself, but none of the gadgets will populate for them. 
  4. And as @Pavan mentioned, if any of your Gadgets are based on a particular Project, the user will need permissions to view that project as well. 

I hope this help. Let me know if you have any further questions.

0 votes
Ana Paula Sensini December 15, 2023

Hi, I have created two dashboards, where users can only see one of them but not the other.
They have the same permissions, and the dashboards are configured with the same filters. What can it be?

Vista previa de imagen

0 votes
Pavan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2019

@Stefanie Sullivan  please check user has permissions to the project(browse permissions).

Suggest an answer