use wildcards

Bruno Bernadet July 19, 2021

hi 

i try to search for an issue using issuekey ="val-2300" it works but for issuekey ="val-*" not : ildcard are only for search ?

when i try to use with xray the JQL function testreposeryfoldertests, i use \\ for the special characters the for the folder path below (my default test Library) but it make an error

[FONTIONNEL]/[APPLICATIONS & PORTAILS WEB]/SERVICES]/Framework/Test de non regression/Non connecté au produit/Page produit

"\\[FONTIONNEL]/[APPLICATIONS & PORTAILS WEB]/SERVICES]\\/Framework/Test de non regression/Non connecté au produit/Page produit"

thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Bernadet July 20, 2021

and for the function testreposeryfoldertests

when i try to use with xray the JQL function testreposeryfoldertests, i use \\ for the special characters the for the folder path below (my default test Library) but it make an error

[FONTIONNEL]/[APPLICATIONS & PORTAILS WEB]/SERVICES]/Framework/Test de non regression/Non connecté au produit/Page produit

"//'[FONTIONNEL]/[APPLICATIONS & PORTAILS WEB]/SERVICES]'///Framework/Test de non regression/Non connecté au produit/Page produit"

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

HI @Bruno Bernadet ,

I'm not familiar with the function but have you tried putting the whole value in double quotes.

Here's the link to the documentation if it helps:

https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Working+with+the+Test+Repository

-Ben

Bruno Bernadet July 21, 2021

ok i found thanks

Like Benjamin likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Bruno Bernadet ,

Wildcard are for text fields like description field. It does not work on fields like issue key. If just want to search on all issues in the project. You can use project = project name.

Here's the documentation on where you can use wildcards.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer