upgrading jira from 6.4 to 7.0.9

Hi - I am trying to upgrade JIRA from 6.4.12 to the latest version but based on the upgrade documentation you will have to upgrade JIRA to 7.0 before upgrading to newer versions. When I try to upgrade JIRA from 6.4.12 to 7.0.0 I get the Database error mentioned in JRA-47267 which has been fixed in version 7.0.9. 

based on the workaround in the ticket i will have to do an import into a new Database which i would like to avoid. 

So is it possible to directly upgrade from 6.4.12 to 7.0.9 instead of 7.0.0. will that be an issue?

Thanks

Gopi

1 answer

0 votes

No, not a problem.

You'll often find us talk about using specific versions when upgrading, but if you look carefully, you might notice that we rarely quote specific point releases.  It's usually things like 6.4 -> 7.0.  The reason is that it's almost always best to use the latest point release you can get.  When we say "go to 7.0", we mean "go to 7.0.latest".  It's very rare that you'll see "go to 7.0.specific", and you'll usually only see it as we quote the original question OR when we're talking about a very specific bug that exists in a specific point release.

Thanks for a nice explanation.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,782 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot