Hello to everyone,

this is my first post.

I got the task to set up a more or less automatic workflow for our development purposes.
I managed to automatically create issues with sub-issues and run several transitions in both directions.
Now I have the problem that I could not edit the "fix-version" field for the issue (I guess this one is not manually added by our administration), and I was wondering - because I neede to modify the workflow (no parent-child relation for some issue types anymore) - how to change this field attribute, if I only have a issuekey.
I thought this is possible with the JJUPIN plug-in SIL, but I could not find any resolution.

Any help or answer (that it is not working) is appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Christian,

JIRA's Fix Versions field can be accessed just like any other variable by the name of fixVersions ( http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/Variable+Resolution).

HTH

Thanks for the hint.
I will try this out, by defining a hidden transition, which is triggered by the creating issue.
Hopefully this works.

You can also reference values from other issues like this:

PROJ-123.fixVersions = {"1.0", "2.0" } ;

or using substitution

string issueKey = "PROJ-123";
%issueKey%.fixVersions = {"1.0", "2.0"};

Thanks for your help.

Worked for me for the moment. Now I need to read out the fixVersion of the current issue, but I think I will manage this.

Thanks a lot, and all the best.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

809 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you