update group picker single value in post function of clone issue and links

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

i have post function in my workflow to clone issue and links on perticular transition.

below code works if custom field is not group picker single value:

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'summary updated'}

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, 'hello')

when i try to updated single value group picker custom field it does not work:

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Assignment Group'}

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, UserManager.getGroup('my_group1'))

i tried below options:

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, GroupUtil.getGroup('my_group1'))

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, UserUtil.getGroup('my_group1'))

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

got the solution:

import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()

Group watcherGroup = componentManager.getUserUtil().getGroup("test1")

List<Group> groupList = new ArrayList<Group>()

groupList.add(watcherGroup)

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Assignment Group'}

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, groupList)

Danny Riley September 2, 2014

Should this be able to be put under "Additional Issue Actions" if you use the 'create subtask' built in script?

Michael March September 2, 2014

Can this be used in the built in transition to create a subtask? Specifically in the "Additional Issue Actions"?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2014

Yes it can be used

Michael March September 17, 2014

Weird, under 6.2.X it doesn't seem to function properly. If I add that code the 'create a subtask' post-transition fails.

0 votes
Michael March September 2, 2014

Can this be used in the built in transition to create a subtask? Specifically in the "Additional Issue Actions"?

Suggest an answer