turning off second node

David Hite
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2023

Hello,

I have a few jira test clusters in aws and I would like to turn off nodes until I need to test things in a clustered environment.  Is there an issue with turning off one node in a two node cluster for an extended period of time (like three weeks or six weeks)?

I know the node will drop from the cluster after a few days, but I want to know if it will re-join when I turn it back on?

Are there any problems with this approach?

Will the indexing be rebuilt automatically?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2023

Hi @David Hite 

The node will be able to rejoin fine. The returning node won’t rebuild the index,  it sends a request to the cluster, one of the other nodes will then compress a copy of its index, copy it to the returning server which then extracts, does a final catch up and gets back to work.

CCM

David Hite
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2023

Great.  Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events