transition a story.

Xandor December 13, 2022

Helloes all,

I'm trying to make an automation that checks:

1. whether all sub-tasks other than a sub-task named "Refine Further" are "done". 

2. Is there a sub-task named "Refine Further", which is not "done".

if yes to both

3. transition the story to "To Refine"

In the image added, both criteria check out as correct and i even get a validated result. in the log the 2 test story's with the added label pass the criteria set. somehow nothing happens though.

Where did I make a mistake? 

Thanks in advance!

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Hello @Xandor 

Have you ever tried any add-ons that show the transitions between statuses?

Xandor December 13, 2022

@Karolina Wons_SaaSJet no, I haven't. 

Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

For such an aim, you can try Time in Status for JiraCloud or Time between Statuses.

Time in Status for Jira Cloud generates 7 types of status time reports. So you can easily track how long an issue has been staying in each status or how long it takes each team member to solve the issue.

GIF TIS.gifTime between Statuses shows the time it takes an issue to move from one status to another.

Both these add-ons allow exporting data to XLSX or CSV files and are developed by my SaaSJet team. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Hope you find it helpful 

Like Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_ likes this
Xandor December 13, 2022

Thanks for taking time and the effort in helping me! I have great new, I actually managed to solve the issue.

First I had to swap out "Description" and add "Summary" and after that switch "And: Sub-tasks match" into "And: Some Sub-tasks match".

Works fine now :)

Suggest an answer