Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

to link an issue with the subtask of its linked issue Edited

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Jira. In my current project I create a sub-task A and later I trigger a new linked issue (task within the same project). How could I also link this thriggered issue to the previously created sub- task A?

Thank you in advance

1 answer

If you have a static trigger or a custom field with static information that is defined as the trigger and selected. You can create an automation that creates the sub-task for you when that trigger is selected. Automation for jira is part of the cloud version if you're on server or DC you have to buy it and load it. 

Load Automation for jira or use the legacy auto.ation tool on server. 

Do you have a trigger? Can you give me more information so I can walk you through the answer.

Hi Aaron!

Thanks for your reply. First I create a subtask x using Create issue based on the following parameters. Then after a coulple of transition I create a new issue within the same project using Create A Linked Issue (JSU). So the new issue is linked to the current issue. Then in the creation transition of a new issue I want to link it to the sub-task x of its linked issue. I am trying to do it using "Link Issues to the Current Issue" jmwe Post-function where I am supposed to write a groovy JMEW script which I am struggling with.

Thank you

I haven't wrote a lot of groovy scripts but with some time I might be able to answer as I usually use automation for jira. 

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your time. I managed to fix it by:

1. ceating a new field in the issue I create with the value of the key of the original issue;

2. in the creation transition of the issue I create I used Link issues to the current issue (JMWE app) post function withe following script: "project = "project_name " AND type = "Sub_task_type" and parent = ${issue.get("original_issue_key_field")}";

Best,

Iryna

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you