time-tracking should be automated. regardless of whether the assigned person is logged in or not.

Manmadha December 3, 2019

If manager evaluate this task need two days to finish, after assignee started the task whatever he logged to spent time or not, Time tracking should happened automatically.

For example: ORIGINAL ESTIMATE is 2 days, Start time is 2019.12.03, so when time goes to 2019.12.04, Time spent should automatically change to 2 days. Even if assignee did not login, it should change automatically.

If anybody knows solution about this issue or If any particular plugin to do this task, Please let me know?

Advanced thanks,

Manmadha.

Annotation 2019-12-03 183224.png

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

What you're looking for is time assigned, not worked. Multiple users may be involved in fixing the issue and they would record the time they spent on the issue, which is much more useful for management and reporting. Even when the issue is assigned few users in my experience spend 100% of their time working the issue. To implement the time assigned you would need a plugin or script. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

To solve the "problem", automation, definitely.

But humans really do not work that way. 

Some of the people in my organisation have "simplified" timesheets.  Frankly, none of us care that our admin team all log 8 hours a day to "admin".  That's what they do.  We don't care whether they are ordering supplies, shouting at our building staff, herding cats, getting consultants to summit, answering the most random questions anyone might have.  Similarly, our "prodcut developers" can whack in "40h week - development".  In both cases, stuff we need doing gets done, efficiently.

But many of us can't simplify.  I had a timesheet in July that had 8h entirely logged in 15m segments on different tasks in one day- 32 tasks.  And that was a lie, because I did 3 other things that day.

I'm afraid you have a massively over-simlified case which does not lend itself to much automation because it won't give you any realistic data.

As Joe says, it might be worth a proper look at what you really want to report on.

Like Starware likes this
Manmadha December 3, 2019

Thank you FYI @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- @Joe Pitt 

If any particular plugin to do this task, Please let me know 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2019

No, because you mostly never want to automate things this way.  There are some helper functions in Tempo, but they're gradually going away because people don't want to work this way.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2019

This is exactly what Clockwork apps (free or paid) delivered by my team do.

They track time automatically based on issue status, assignee and number of working hours per day.

So, if a user is assigned an issue for 2 days, but the issue was "In Progress" for only 8 hours, then 8 hours will be logged.

Cheers,
Jack

Manmadha February 4, 2020

I know, This requirement is not useful but client was asked like that.

Thank you a lot for spent your time for this.

Suggest an answer