time issues are in status

Helen Ahlberg May 29, 2019

Hi

How can I in the Issue Navigator screen enter a JQL question that show me issues in a certain status (and perhaps even the time they have been stuck here?) ?

My problem:

I want to see actual issues that have been in status 'In Progress' for longer than

1 week, 1 mounth, 3 mounts, 6 mounts...

This to be able to, for each and one of them, enter a custom field called 'Root cause' and set this value. We need to know why issues are stucked in this status. When we know the reason we can handle the cause and speed up the process by addressing this "bottleneck".  

regards,

Helen

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

You would need an add-on for this.  The "Time in Status" add-on is very useful: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/time-in-status?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 4, 2019

Hi @Helen Ahlberg 

You can see actual issues that have been in status 'In Progress' for a certain period of time by using Time in Status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet.

It can help you to get 7 kinds of reports, witch available as grid and as charts:

• Time in status 
  • Assignee Time 
  • Average Time 
  • Status Entrance Date 
  • Time in Status per Date 
  • Status Count 

• Transition Count 

All reports are available for view as charts and for export.
You can try the free version of the add-on at Atlassian Marketplace.

Best regards,
Zoryana
SaaSJet

Helen Ahlberg July 4, 2019

Thanks for the tip but we are running on server at the moment.

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2019

Suggest an answer