team invite emails not being received

Micah Kirkpatrick May 11, 2023

Hi,

My team isn't receiving the invite emails for Jira and Confluence.  I've changed the spam rules on our MS 365 Outlook.  However, they still aren't receiving the invites.

Please advise on how we can fix this issue.

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Micah Kirkpatrick 

I have not been able to find any email suppressions on our side either to the domain of your email, nor to the gmail account that appears to have been invited to your site.

Is there a different email domain that you are using to invite users to your site?  Could you share with me the email address or the domains of the accounts you are trying to invite here so that I can take a deeper look?

Thanks

Andy

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2023

Of course as soon as I posted this, I checked a different user on your domain and found a suppression.  I have just cleared this from our side.  Try to invite that user again now, and see if that helps.  If they are still not receiving this, please let me know the specific user in question.

Cheers,

Andy

Like Micah Kirkpatrick likes this

Lol... Happens to me all the time too.  I'll check and post the results.  Thanks :-) 

Micah Kirkpatrick May 12, 2023

@Andy Heinzer & @Trudy Claspill , Thank you for all your help.  The user invites are being sent correctly and are being received by the new employees.  Have a great weekend.

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hello @Micah Kirkpatrick 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

I have added a tag to your post to alert the Atlassian Team to look into your issue.

Thank you Trudy.  We followed the Microsoft 365 Exchange Server guidance located here.

1 vote
David Hoffman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

I'm using MS Teams too and having trouble getting an invite to come in. 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2024

Hi @David Hoffman I am not seeing any recent attempts to send to your address from our Cloud services.   The last delivered message has a timestamp of 2024-03-25T13:45:32.000Z

Is this for the same email address as you are using to sign into our community site?  If not, could you let me know what that email address is.  All the email logging I can see on my side indicates there have been no messages bounced by an SMTP server recently.

Andy

David Hoffman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

Thank you Andy!

[redacted]

I guess then we're not not bouncing/rejecting but silently hiding from recipients. 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2024

@David Hoffman I can see there have been 4 different messages sent to that address since 28th of March from our Cloud services.  None of these are showing as bounced according to our mail logs.  I would recommend reaching out to your mail admin as there might be something on your side that is quarantining or incorrectly marking these as spam.

0 votes
Melody Kwan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 12, 2024

@Trudy Claspill @Andy Heinzer 

I am having the same problem, that I can't receive invitation email from my team, I'm using gmail wondering what's the reason and can you please help me to check my access? 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2024

Hi @Melody Kwan 

I took a look at your mail logs for your email address used here within Community.  However I did not find any messages that were not delivered as expected to your address.  You might want to check with the person that is inviting you, to make sure that they have the correct email address for you.

Melody Kwan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 12, 2024

Thanks for checking. I have double check with the admin and he is sending to my currently email address, he sent one last week and another one today. This is mainly for Confluence workspace. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events