tasks in the board of the company managed Project

Janluca MARIS May 8, 2023

Hello.

I try to create a project board where I can manage all the various issues by status.

When i go to the Board of the Project I can not see all the tasks related to the same project. Some of them appear and some of them do not.

Some of them which are not appearing on the Board I can find them by looking on the List, but still not all of them. 

Can you help me to find out the reason of this ? 

Thnak you

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hello @Janluca MARIS 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you provide information about the type of project you are accessing?

Do you see navigation items across the top of the screen like this?

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 1.02.25 PM.png

Or do you see navigation options on the left side of the screen like this?

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 1.03.14 PM.png

And at the bottom of the panel on the left, where I added the red box, does it say "company-managed" or does it say "team-managed"?

Can you show us a screen image of your board? You can obscure confidential information.

Can you tell us more about the missing issues? Which column would you expect to see them in? What type of issues are they?

Janluca MARIS May 11, 2023

Dear @Trudy Claspill 

This is what I have : Screenshot (2).png

IT says Company managed. 

We have divided the boards by status, but as I said not all the issues are apearing. We tride with converting all the sub-tasks in Tasks but this also did not work.

Do you have any suggestions ? 

Janluca MARIS May 11, 2023

Another question that I have is: How can the owner of the Project give me permission to access to the settings of the Company managed project ? 

Thank you very much for your time. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

I see from the totals in the columns visible in the image that you have at least 999 issues on the board.

Jira Work Management projects are limited in their Board view to 1000 issues. There is a change request about that here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-23

Only the first 1000 issues entered in the project will be displayed.

As to access to the settings of the project, you'll be able to see some settings as a non-admin user.

If you need to change settings, the Project Admin has access to change some Project Settings. Whether or not a current Project Admin can make you an admin for this project depends on the Permission Scheme for the project. If the Administer Project permission is granted to a Project Role, then a Project Admin can add you to the Role to grant you that permission.

Other settings, like the permission scheme settings, issue types available, custom fields, and workflow, can be changed only by a full Jira Administrator.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

Hi @Janluca MARIS and welcome to the Community!

There's several reasons why issues may not be visible on your board:

• Your board is based on a board filter that you can manage in Board Settings > General. Any issues that are not returned by the filter will not be visible on your board.
  • Your issues go through a workflow that contains several statuses. Each status must be mapped to a column on the board. You can configure that in Board Settings > Columns, where you can add columns if needed and drag and drop statuses to the corresponding columns. Issues in statuses that are not mapped to a board column will not appear on the board.
  • Completed issues (issues in the rightmost column of your board) will automatically be hidden from the board 2 weeks after they reached the status mapped to that column. So any issues that were completed longer than that will not be shown on the board anymore.
  • If your board is a scrum board or a kanban board with the backlog enabled, issues in the backlog or not added to an active sprint will only be visible in the backlog view and not on the board itself.
  • You can configure quick filters on a board, allowing you to zoom in on certain issues while viewing the board. You can configure these in Board Settings > Quick filters. If a quick filter is active, certain issues may be hidden from the board.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events