system priority get changed on workflow transition

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

System priorites prior code execution in workflow:
Critical
Serious
Important
Minor
I have workflow where i'm using post function to create sub task and under addtional issue action I have code:

condition:: issue.priority?.name == 'Important'
additional issue action:: issue.priority?.name = 'Minor'
If parent issue type is important then this line of code changes system jira priorities

After post transition new pririties
Critical
Serios
Minor
Mionr

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

You're setting the name of the priority object, rather than the issue priority. Restart jira, then use

issue.priorityId = '4'

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2014

There doesn't appear to be a question here. I can't guess if you are complaining that the priority is being changed or you intend it to change and your code isn't doing it correctly.

Could you describe the actual problem here?

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2014

screenshot for reference

Suggest an answer