swimlanes custom queries

Alexander_Pesetski November 29, 2019

Hello!

I want to configure swimlanes

Faced the following problem: what to do when the task fits 2 custom queries.? How to choose a priority queries?

I want to specify the main and secondary swimlane

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Alexander_Pesetski

Moving my answer here from one of your other questions as it already has comments.

If you add swimlanes to a board, an issue can only be in one swimlane at a time. 

The priority of the swimlanes will be based on their order (top-to-bottom) on the board - so if an issue could fit into swimlanes 1, 2 or 3 - it will show in swimlane 1 as the highest priority lane.

However, if you want an issue to move between swimlanes you'll need to have specifics in both swimlanes - for example:

• labels = Test and status != Done in lane 1
  • labels = Test and status = Done and resolutiondate > -30d in lane 2

or...

• labels = Test and status != Done or status = Done and resolutiondate <= -30d
  • labels = Test and status = Done and resolutiondate > -30d

It cannot be generic or you have an issue which fits into both swimlanes and the above logic applies based on swimlane order. You have to provide the specific parameters for each lane so issues fit into just one lane query at a time.

Ste

0 votes
Alexander_Pesetski December 2, 2019

Any ideas?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2019

Whichever query is first (top-most) will take precedence. 

Alexander_Pesetski December 1, 2019

ok, thank you for answer
this did not solve the problem

i wanna do 2 swimlanes

1) labels = test

2) labels = test and  AND status = Done AND resolutiondate > -30d

when i create task it get into 1) swimlane

when task have status done more then 30 days it does not go into swinlane 2)

Alexander_Pesetski December 2, 2019

to be more precise, I want that when a task has status DONE more than 30 days, it moves to another swimline

i cant write this JQL

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

while I don’t think this is a good solution you could do the following - make sure that the top-most swimlane query is the one that defines issue in Done > 30d. This would result in you first swimlane being your >30d done and all undone or done < 30d being in second swimlane.

better solution - age your older Done issues off of the board altogether using the Kanban sub filter.

Suggest an answer