swimlanes configured via Due date

Kristina.Kelly January 19, 2021

I have a project Kanban board, and I am trying to separate my tasks by due date, Can you help me configure the swimlanes properly? I think i need to identify the project name first to have it show up on my specific project kanban board (Project name is swf). then I put due date etc. The way I have these set up now (See the JQLs below for each swimlane) gathers tasks, however the tasks are not placed in the correct buckets according to their due dates. not sure what I am doing wrong.

1. Past Due = all tasks where the due date is in the past and is not yet complete/done.

my current JQL:  project = swf and duedate < startOfDay()

2. Due ASAP = all tasks due within the current week

project = swf and duedate >= startOfDay('+1w')

3. Due within 2 weeks = all tasks due within the next 2 weeks

project = swf and duedate >= startOfDay ('+2w') 

4. Due within 1 month = all tasks due within 30 days (1 month)

project = swf and duedate >= startOfMonth()

5. Due within 3 months = all tasks due within the next 3 months

project= SWF and due >= endOfMonth(3)

6.  Everything else = all tasks that dont have a due date or that has a due date more than 3 months from now.

this one seems to be a type of default? no JQL for this swimlane.

thanks for the help,

Kristina

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

I think I can describe what you are seeing here, swimlanes showing you

• Everything with a due date before today
  • Everything with a due date over 6 days in the future
  • The issues with a due date between today and 6 days in the future (although this would have been different between the 1st and 7th of January as the function looks at the current month)
  • Everything else

These rows come out because

1. duedate < start of today
  2. duedate > start of the day 7 days in the future
  3. Empty and hidden because rule 2 has already selected them
  4. Empty and hidden because rule 3 has already selected them (i.e. rule 2)
  5. Empty and hidden because rule 4 has already selected them (i.e. rule 2)
  6. Everything else (but not items 3 months from now because rule 5 got them (i.e rule 2) )

I think you probably want to add upper bounds to the searches.  Start with rule 2 - I suspect that should be:

project = swf and duedate >= startOfDay('+1w') and duedate < startOfDay ('+2w')

yess! I just did this within the advanced search and it is working for me! thank you, this is exactly what I needed.  ensure i had two dates to filter between.  i now found the exact JQLs needed for each swimlane. thanks so much!

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

what exactly are you observing? I would recommend starting with using the Advanced search and construct the queries to the point they present the results you expect and then copy the JQL and paste into the swimlane query.

Alright! using the advanced search helped me. thank you! I had to change my search to something like:  duedate >= endOfDay() AND duedate <= endOfDay('+1w') so that I have 2 dates to filter between.

an easy answer for a complicated question - thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events